Awesome things are happening with The Incredible Sestina Anthology here at Sestina HQ (galleys, tweeting, and emails… oh my!), but this blog isn’t just about the anthology. This blog is all about celebrating all things sestina. To celebrate our bound galleys, we decided it was time for another SestinaWatch.
We scoured the internet and turned up a whole bunch of really cool stuff for you to look at. We want to make this blog the go to source for all things sestina and for that, we’re going to need your input. Please, send comment below with sestinas or sestina news that we need to share. The goal is sestina world domination, remember? We’re going to need your help for that!
This second SestinaWatch is just as chock full of sestina goodness as our first. We’ve got everything from restaurant reviews to The Paris Review and a little shameless self-promotion thrown in for good measure.
- If you think pop-up restaurant Umami is cool, just wait until you read the review; it’s in sestina form!
- From The Paris Review, the first stanza of Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman’s “Sestina.”
- Over that Tumblrs for your reblogging pleasure: Sestina for Serendipity.
- We love Rachel “Raych” Jackson’s “a sestina for the black girl who doesn’t know how to braid her hair.”
- “The Winter Wings of Gulls” is a sestina in progress by John “Mumbling Jack” MacKenzie. As of Sunday October 6, he was on Day 4 and had completed Stanzas 1-4. Not only are we looking forward to the finish sestina, but it’s fun watching one being created before our eyes. UPDATE: He’s finished and here is the poem.
- And last but not least, Michael Schiavo reminds you to pre-order this awesome book about sestinas: The Incredible Sestina Anthology. Maybe you’ve heard of it?